Content currently under development
Step 1: Prepare detailed information about your operation to share with potential vendors
- Name and contact info including the best method and time to reach you
- What kinds of foods are you looking for? Provide a rough estimate of weekly orders
- Logistics: How can you place orders? When will you be able to pick up the product? Can the product be delivered?
- How long will it take for the farmer to be paid?
Step 2: Talk to farmers and gather information
- Find a farmer in our Local Food Directory
- What products does the farm sell and when are they available?
- Is the farmer interested in selling to you?
- Is the farmer able to deliver? If so, would they pick up from other farms to deliver at the same time?
- How does the farmer address food safety?
- Are you able to visit the farm?
Step 3: Build a solid relationship built on trust and compatible goals.
Be prepared to be flexible and creative. It’s worth the effort!